In the One History Place exhibit at The Strong museum, children and families can step into the past and experience a glimpse of life as it was a century ago. Amid artifacts and reproductions, guests explore mini-environments and go hands-on with activities reminiscent of an era of days gone by.
- Role-play as a teacher or student in a 19th-century, one-room schoolhouse.
- Delight in a game of “dress up” with turn-of-the-century clothes in the attic.
- Pump water, churn butter, and invite guests to a tea party in the old-fashioned kitchen.
- Play a tune on the piano in the parlor.
- Explore the steam engine compartment and coal shoot on the mail train.
One History Place is produced by The Strong.